Do you know the Windows 10 operating system applies a variety of measures only to track your app launches to increase the start and the search results? It can also personalize the start menu which is normally based on the mainly used apps in the Start menu as well as the Search results. In this manner, App Launch Tracking is enormously helpful when anyone wants to access their favorites quickly and also the frequently used apps in the Start menu and also search results of your device.
However, with the intention to protect your privacy, Windows 10 operating system provides their users the flexibility to control the privacy settings. Some of the Windows users can either prefer to allow the app start tracking to get better the search menu and start menu results or also prefer to disable the app launch tracking only to stop the Windows operating system from tracing your apps which you launch to advance the privacy.
To turn off or turn on the app launch tracking, the user might have to change the privacy control settings or anyone can make some tweaks in the registry. In this article, we will try to provide you with some simple steps of how to control or use the app launch tracking in Windows 10.
Steps to Use App Launch Tracking in Windows 10
- Using Settings
- Navigate towards Settings option.
- Click on Privacy options.
- Under the General settings option, pick the option “Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results.” Located on the right side of the page to ‘Enable’ the App Launch tracking.
- Pick the Off option for “Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results.” Located on the right side of the page to ‘Disable’ the App Launch tracking.
- Now, Close the Settings option.
Note: it is very much important for you to keep n your mind that, whenever user disables the app launch tracking, then the “show most used app” setting will automatically be grayed out or disabled in Windows 10.
- Using the Windows Registry
- Click to Open ‘Run.’
- Type the word ‘regedit.’
- Press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Alternatively, navigate towards the following given path:
- Now, right-click on the ‘Advanced’ folder.
- To create a new 32-bit DWORD value, click on the ‘New’ option
- Give a new name to DWORD AS “Start_TrackProgs.”
- Now, set its value to 1 to enable the app launch tracking and to disable the app launch tracking set the value to 0.
- Click on the OK option and restart the computer system.
Ela Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Jeniffer Leio written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.